Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I'm Leavin' On a Jet Plane...

Bound for Paris! That's right folks, in two days' time I will be the farthest away from home I've ever been. Unfortunately, at this point my bags are not packed and I am not ready to go, but Hakuna Matata. I've still got one more day with the Gilmore Girls to get me through the mountain of laundry that stands between me and the fulfillment of my childhood dream. And you'll recall how I feel about laundry. At least it's no longer obstructing my way in and out of bed.

Anyway, back to the point. Samantha and I have the opportunity to go to four major European cities for the next two weeks. We leave on Thursday and will be on a straight flight to Charles de Gaul Airport in Paris, France where we will spend the next 4 days before leaving for Venice, then Florence, and finally Rome. Ah, the history, the architecture, the food...I can hardly contain myself! In fact, I've failed and now have to gather myself up from the four corners of my bedroom so that coming back won't be a complete drag. (Yes, it is that bad. Finals definitely did a number on my tidiness this year.)

Horizons will be broadened. Memories will be forged. Experience will be acquired. It will be epic. And the entire journey will be documented here, play by play, so you can come right along as it happens.

In other news, check out my new do! It was long overdue and I had a few doubts at first, but I'm loving it now.



(How many mixed media metaphors can I fit into a post? Ah, this is only the beginning...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:D