Tuesday, July 21, 2009

They've got it in for us!

So here I am, riding Trax in Salt Lake for the first time. We were on our way to the Jazz festival to listen to my dad play with the Salt Lake Jazz Orchestra.

You'll notice that I selected my headgear very carefully; I wanted to go incognito (to avoid all the paparazzi that comes with being so popular) :) so I specifically chose this hat to blend in with the local folk. We look up and see this sign:

Shirt and Shoes: check!

Headphones?! Dang, we forgot those! Luckily, we were able to duck beneath the radar and escape undetected; not an easy task considering that I was severely misinformed about the apparel of the locals! :)



Then, on the way out, Samantha is attacked by their so-called decorative waste receptacles!! (Actually, she just wasn't watching where she was going and almost ran into it, but that wasn't as funny.)

Luckily, it was all worth it. Hurrah for jazz!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so cool! You guys probably had so much fun! I hope Sam is recovering from her bite marks!

Juliana said...

Thanks for the invitation to peruse your blog, BreAnna! It's nice to see you and your family. Looks like you're having a fun summer. Michelle and her two little ones are staying with us for a few weeks while their Daddy is studying for his boards at OSU - so we are very busy, but having fun. Br. Metcalf and I are still serving in the BYU ward - we love the kids there! Tell your fam hello for us. :)

Kerrilyn said...

Good thing I wasn't there to see the trash receptacle grab Sam. I most definitely would have laughed and then I would have been scolded.
Love the hat!